- B.Arch. 1986 Sir JJ College of Architecture.
- Gold Medalist, Bombay University.
- M. Arch –Y.C.M.O.U.-2012
- Diploma in Business Management in 1988 from SIES Institute of Management studies: First Class First with Distinction
Prizes & Commendations:
- Recipient of the following awards from the Bombay University:
- The Prof. Jehangir.C. Shroff Gold Medal for having secured the highest marks at B.Arch degree examination.
- The Matoshri Kashibai Purshottam Wadke prize
- Prof. C.M. Master Memorial Prize.
- The Late Kum. Jayashree Mathurdas Lajawala Prize.
- The Late Shri Ramesh Vasantrao Talavdekar prize.
- The Prof. Claude Bately Memorial Prize awarded by the Indian Institute of Architects.
- Associate of the Indian Institue of Architects A07081
- Member of the Council of Architecture CA/87/11078
- Life Member of ISLE
Its not only her professional attributes and qualifications that define Kalpana. Apart from Architect, Nature lover, Bookworm, Cook, Gardener, Herbal enthusiast are a few words that describe her best. She is foremost a nature lover who nurtures her garden and spends a great deal of time pottering around. A life long student who has always been involved with academics and teaching. For the last 25 years more than a hundred young professionals have interned with her and gained a solid foundation for their career. Very many of them are successful practicing Designers today.